So I recently got a used keyboard because I wanted to learn piano eventually. The one I got was very dirty and there were scratch marks, the keys were stiff as well as stuck, and the lowest C key didn't even work. I thought hey lets clean this up and thus started my overnight project (started at ~12:30AM).
First I had to disassemble the keyboard of course:
The thing was nasty inside:
Is that semen?
There was a bit of rust
So I got to sanding
The membrane was nasty as all hell, cleaned it with a dirty shirt, I think it has to go in the trash now
SOOOO much better :)
Rubber pads are nice and clean as well
Now to get to the keys
As you can see its pretty nasty on the outside too
Black keys are cleaned though still wet
Put the membrane back into the keypad frame
Placed the rubber pads on aswell
Now to address the original issue, Time for some lube
Lubed highest key and first key pair and assembled
Onto the second
Finally placed the key assembly back into the keyboard enclosure
Consequently the lowest C key now works AWESOME lol. Completed ~5:30 AM.
I used soap, bleach, and alcohol as cleaning solutions.
Cotton swabs for fine cleaning and lubricating.
Regret using toilet paper to clean, as well as using my dirty shirt.